NomNom clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new map comming soon!

+2
Tamaru
bacon
6 posters

Go down

new map comming soon! Empty new map comming soon!

Post  bacon Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:05 am

hey all, just letting you know that im working on my second map, modeled after the bug planet from starship troopers (i've seen a few signs around lvls like transit, where i got the trem network, join up now and do your part signs for cruiser [all are modified from starship trooper still frames]) and it made me think that we should have a map like that for our tremX, so its a larger map, mostly outside, the human and alien bases are pretty far away, the alien being in an underground cave and the humans being in a concrete tower separated by mountainous terrain with two separate trails, the low road, in a valley, and the high road trail, which its traversable only to humans and most aliens, but specifically not the rant (to prevent total takeover during ESD) there will also be a small forward outpost for the humans and a secret shortcut for wallwalkers that gets them out of the alien base much faster than taking the main tunnel. the entrance to this is hidden from view, so that jet troopers cant get easy access. it also pretty much drops straight down through a door onto some acid tubes by the main tunnel door, so it is easily defendable when being attacked by humans (although the map is big enough so that the aliens wont have to defend early on unless they really suck xD so yea, look for screenies within the next week!
bacon
bacon

Back to top Go down

new map comming soon! Empty Re: new map comming soon!

Post  Tamaru Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:31 am

Hey bacon good luck hope this map is really good, im gonna post a Demo on terrain making soon if you are interested in adding rockwall terrains!

and also, maybe we could work on a map together sometime? possibly the Kahlsa contest!
Tamaru
Tamaru
Admin

https://nnwebsite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Ame Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:14 am

Zero Ame
Zero Ame

http://www.soulmappers.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post  kaze Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:29 am

wow bacon, that looks cool =) Very Happy
kaze
kaze

Back to top Go down

Post  Player Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:40 am

i'm scared of esd campers on humies in that tunnel you are talking about
Player
Player
Lower Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Iron Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:09 pm

sounds kewl

yea i agree with player cause if no goons left RANT FTL!!!
Iron
Iron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bacon Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:53 pm

ok im thinking of revising the tunnels, one will be out of the main alien base door, the other will be a longer tunnel that has a door with a switch on the inside, that is located halfway through the map, somewhere around the humans outpost, so both will be rant accessible. for esd, i recommend either regrouping outside or all retreating to the main base cave and defending it that way. trust me, if i can get everything i need for it it should be a sweet larger battlefeild-like map.
bacon
bacon

Back to top Go down

Post  bacon Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:55 pm

Tamaru wrote:Hey bacon good luck hope this map is really good, im gonna post a Demo on terrain making soon if you are interested in adding rockwall terrains!

and also, maybe we could work on a map together sometime? possibly the Kahlsa contest!

whats the Kahlsa contest? and what did you have in mind for the map Very Happy?
bacon
bacon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamaru Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:29 pm

we are making a very complex mic, you need to connect to teamspeak so we can talk aout it, you dont need a mic Razz
Tamaru
Tamaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bacon Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:51 pm

how do i get teamspeak? if you're still down for the contest that is. let me know so i can get building
bacon
bacon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamaru Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:04 pm

bacon wrote:how do i get teamspeak? if you're still down for the contest that is. let me know so i can get building
google teamspeak, look for a teamspeak 2 official client on the website, also we moved forums bacon here are the new forums: http://dretch-chaos.com/smf
Tamaru
Tamaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum